Hi dudes and dudettes (lol),
Sorry it has been a while since my last post. I have been trying to come up with new ideas and ways to make my blog more appealing. So today is D.I.Y DAY for my blog. As you all know this blog is centered around all things crafty and not just my crafts… I love everything that can be done by hand and it turns out absolutely beautiful and useful….
The other day I saw a video (because I was bored and was looking to make something new) about changing a composition book into a day planner that suit your needs and no one else. I don’t know if anyone is familiar with Filofax, in which people make scrapbooks sometimes out of file folders or other material and they are sold at a very high price….Instead of buying one you can make one yourself that you would actually use and customize it the way you over and over again. The video I chose it a good one and there are three parts to it, she goes into great detail explaining how to do it and what items you may need. Like I said you do not have to use what is shown but you can make it the way you want.
- The sheer wax that is used for the cover is optional
- Most of the tabs and folders you can make your self with dividers, folders, envelops, etc.
- The washy tape that is used is optional, you can just use glue
- Also when cutting, you do not need a paper cutter because scissors
works as well sometimes better
- You don’t have to use just the black and white composition books, this technique can be used for spiral books, photo albums, etc.
Below is the link to the video that include instructions, i will soon post my own version of the book when i have time to shop for the materials…Good luck with your crafting adventure and remember to have fun while doing it.